Flagstaff Medical Center (FMC) was awarded the 2012 Consumer Choice Award by the National Research Corporation. FMC is one of 297 healthcare facilities in the United States to receive the prestigious award.
“At FMC, we believe quality care and patient satisfaction should be the most important indicators of success,” said Bill Bradel, F.A.C.H.E., FMC president and CEO. “This award shows our patients trust us to put them first.”
The award identifies hospitals that healthcare consumers have chosen as having the highest quality healthcare in their geographical area and reflects the growing role consumer choice has in healthcare. The National Research Corporation surveyed approximately 450,000 healthcare consumers in the U.S.
In addition to receiving the 2012 Consumer Choice Award, FMC has received other notable rankings and awards in the last several years, including:
- U.S. News and World Report – a Best Regional Hospital and high-performing hospital.
- American Heart Association – Get With The Guidelines – Heart Failure Gold and Silver Quality Achievement Awards in the areas of treating stroke, heart attack and congestive heart failure.
- Professional Research Consultants – Platinum, gold, silver, five-star and four-star awards for customer service and quality of care.
- Arizona Nurses Association – Employer Excellence Award for outstanding support of nursing and creating a professional environment of nursing practice, education and excellence.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – Medal of Honor for achievements in increasing organ donation rate.
For more than 75 years, Flagstaff Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare services to residents and visitors of Northern Arizona. FMC is accredited by DNV Healthcare, the newest hospital accreditation organization deemed by Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to accredit hospitals. FBN
For more information on the programs and services offered at Flagstaff Medical Center, visit FlagstaffMedicalCenter.com or call 928-779-3366. Become a friend of FMC at Facebook.com/FlagstaffMedicalCenter or follow FMC at Twitter.com/FlagMedical.